Tuesday, March 20, 2012

MOTIVATION: Compliments

In 2009 when I lost weight, repeat guests at the hotel I was working at would congratulate me on my loss and tell me I looked great. That kept me motivated to keep working out and eating right. Then I started a new job where no one knew that I had lost weight, they just knew me as the cute new delivery girl.
Then I gained weight and the compliments went away.
Fast forward to October of 2011, I had lost 40lbs and was wondering where the compliments were.
I mean I lost 40lbs! How did no one notice??
I got a little discouraged. 
At the same time my husband had lost 20lbs getting really close to his ideal weight, people made such a big deal about how good he looked since losing weight again. And I thought "What am I, chopped liver?!?"
Granted it was colder outside and I was wearing last years XXL hoodie.
But I know I should be proud, not jealous...I just kept on trucking and made it to the 50lb mark and people really started noticing.
People I never knew that noticed me before, were noticing me now.
It makes me feel amazing when people let me know that they can see the results of my hard work.
Wearing shorts this week has opened up the floodgates for compliments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment