Monday, February 27, 2012

Mini-vacay!

This past weekend we ventured to Birmingham for a couple days away. The night before we left I read this post, specifically about eating healthy on vacation. It got me to thinking about what we were going to do on our trip. Last time we were in Birmingham, we ate. A LOT. Basically our whole trip revolved around the next meal- because we were on vacation and our hotel didn't serve breakfast we ate every meal out. We visited the Peanut Depot to get peanuts, we went to our favorite barbecue place, as well as the restaurant attached to the hotel lobby. Basically it was a pig-out fest.
Dinner last time in Birmingham

Where we ate ribs & fries

I was determined to make this trip different. We started out with lunch before we left at Chipotle.

 We did eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel lobby again, but we ordered grilled fish & chicken instead of steak. We did get fries & bread but we went easy on both. After dinner we relaxed in the room while our food settled. Then, we got dressed for the hotel gym. I even had to borrow a rubberband for my hair- but I was determined to get a workout in. And that I did, I ran 2 miles in 27 minutes. We even researched breakfast places before bed, choosing a place that had a light menu that included egg beaters/egg whites and turkey sausage :)
Breakfast was a delicious egg beater omelette with mushrooms, goat cheese & turkey sausage with fresh fruit on the side, we got "famous" milkshakes for lunch, then light hibachi for dinner.


While my eating wasn't perfect- I stayed within my calories for the weekend and even got a workout in. 
Balance, I like it.
And you know I love me some dressing room pictures!

And I also can't help but compare:
 
On the left June 2010 and on the right February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment