Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nervous!

As I sit here listening to my 5k playlist the night before I am running my first 5k, I can't help but think I am a different person. I started the Couch to 5k program two years ago.I abandoned it shortly thereafter. Two years ago my husband had no interest in running. And now he's completed 3 5k's, the last in under 30 minutes. I was so proud at the last one that I cried when he finished.
I signed up for my first one at the persistence of my boss who is 56 and also runs 5k's. He runs at the same pace as my husband and they usually finish together.Well, today is my turn :)

I am scared and nervous. I have my playlist, my outfit....now I just need some courage. I can do this, right? I won't run the whole way, I just want to finish. And in less than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment