Monday, September 26, 2011

Our (Healthy) Camping Vacation- Part 1

We had a blast! One week at the beach in our camper :)


The first thing we did was rent bikes for the week.
Then we set up and relaxed until it was time to make dinner. 
The next morning Michael's aunt drove over and brought her stand-up paddle board.
I tried to stand-up paddle for the first time- I'd had several chances to try before but I'd always been afraid to fall or look stupid. I got on and I didn't fall! It was really hard to stay steady- working my core!

Michael and his Aunt went over a mile away, under a bridge and into different water!
He's basically a pro now, this being his 3rd time.

We almost definitely want our own board now.

We biked a mile away to a nearby beach town every morning. Rode around the neighborhoods looking at houses, doing a little shopping, even grocery shopping. We rode to eat lunch, to get to the beach and just for fun. The most we rode one day was 10 miles!


It felt like being a kid again, wind in my hair, smile on my face- and it helped me get a good tan!

We also did a lot of walking as most of the shopping was spread out and the distance from the parking to the water was pretty far. We also swam every day in the ocean and fresh water lake.

Part 2 coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment