Sunday, July 24, 2011

Restarting my journey....

In the spring of 2009 my husband and I went on a cruise.

The pictures that were taken on the cruise horrified me.


Who was this couple? I didn't think I looked like that.
I got on the scale...230lbs. Unacceptable.
A week later, my husband and I decided to get healthy.
I googled for hours about losing weight and getting fit. We started eating at home more and I ordered the 30 Day Shred Dvd. A month later we were both down 20lbs and we joined a gym.
Life was amazing! I never knew I could be so happy eating healthy & working out.
5 months later we went on another cruise. I was down 45 pounds and my husband 60 pounds.

April 2009 230lbs
October 2009 185lbs
Then I started getting pains. I went to the ER and they couldn't figure it out. I went to my doctor and they sent me for an ultrasound. The results came back: I had gallstones. My body had forgotten how to digest fat, they said it was a side effect of losing weight.
I had gallbladder removal surgery in December 2009. I gained 20lbs that month. I was uncomfortable after surgery, so I ate comfort foods. When I went back to work, I ate McDonald's or fried food everyday for lunch. Over the next 6 months I gained back all the weight I had lost. Plus 17 more pounds.
247lbs
This week I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on Netflix. I decided to give healthy meals and exercise a go. Again.
I'm over feeling ashamed and sorry for myself, I did this once before- I will do this again.
So here we are. This girl is getting fit. Again!